Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Braid Spray: How to Stretch It


As many of you already know, my current protective style is box braids. The product i'm using to keep my hair moisturized is Africa's Best Braid & Sheen Spray with Conditioner. At my local beauty supply store this spray costs five dollars. Now I know five dollars isn't a lot, but i've had my braids in less than a week and i've already used half of the bottle. That's not a lot if you consider that daily moisturizing is necessary, and also that I plan on keeping these in for about two months, I don't plan on spending too much money running out and buying braid spray every week. So here's what I came up with :

Ingredients

Braid Spray of your choice
Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave in conditioner
Grapeseed oil or oil of your choice (olive, jojoba, etc)
Water
100% Glycerin
A drop of Shea moisture restorative conditioner (if you want)


Pour about a quater to a third of your braid spray into a spray bottle, add about one-third cup of water, a good amount of your oil, a touch of glycerin and a touch of your leave in. SMRC is optional. After everything is added give it a good shake, section your hair and spray away. This mix felt so good on my scalp, I love it.

If you don't have glycerin or any of the other ingredients that's fine, the main product you'll need other than braid spray are your oil and water and you should be good to go.

There you have it, keep your hair moisturized on a budget. Happy Hair Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment